Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Strengthening Human-Rights Based Policing in Bulgaria
The project aims at improving the professional capacities of Bulgarian police officers in respecting human rights while executing their duties. The project is part of the thematic fund security in Bulgaria. Further information about this fund can be found among the additional information on the very bottom of this page.
Öffentliche Sicherheit erhöhen
- A new training manual on human rights-based policing has been
developed, printed and disseminated.
- Human rights-based policing training skills of the Police improved
- Academy instructors at central and regional level have been
strengthened and human rights-based policing is promoted
throughout the National Police Service.
- The Police Academy’s pedagogical team is able to organize
simulation-based training on human-rights based policing.
- Professional standards on human rights-based policing are fully integrated in the curricula of the Bulgarian Police Academy and the first academic year under the new curricula has started.
- Capacity of the Academic staff to teach policing based on respect of human rights has been improved through the completion of several training seminars conducted by experts from the Swiss project partner, the Savatan Police academy.
- Through trainings on project cycle management, the administrative personnel of the Police Academy has gained much needed knowledge on the elaboration of project proposals, implementation and management of projects, planning and conducting of public procurements.
The target groups include police new recruits, police trainers/instructors and senior staff from the Ministry of Interior and the National Police General Directorate.
(i): Developing and disseminating a new training manual on human rights-based policing; (ii): Strengthening the human rights-based policing training skills of the Police Academy instructors at central and regional level and promoting human rights-based policing throughout the National Police Service; (iii): Renovation and running a new practice-oriented and simulation-based training area (playground) with IT support and technical equipment; (iv): Capacity building of the Police Academy’s pedagogical team to organize simulation-based training on human-rights based policing.
Schweizer Beitrag an die erweiterte EU
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 1’277’819 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 0 Budget inklusive Projektpartner CHF 1’503’317|
Phase 1 01.07.2013 - 30.06.2018 (Completed)Phase 1 01.07.2013 - 31.12.2017 (Completed) Phase 1 01.04.2014 - 30.09.2018 (Completed) Phase 1 01.05.2014 - 31.12.2017 (Completed)