The overall goal of DSP is to support the development of a democratic society in Kosovo. This support is implemented through three main instruments: project grants, institutional grants and awards. The long term perspective is to contribute to significant and sustainable changes that will enable the development of democratic society in Kosovo.
DSP grants scheme is open for civil society organizations and civic initiatives in Kosovo. The project proposals shall address at least one of the following priority intervention themes:
- Increased civic activity in influencing the priorities, planning and decision making of local and central government;
- Increased civic activity in monitoring with the aim of requesting accountability for the shortcomings identified at the local and central government;
- Higher participation in budgeting, with special emphasis on women and minority community inclusion;
- Fair and transparent elections;
- Better social, economic, cultural integration between the majority and minority communities;
- Improvement of gender equality in education, job positions and public life;
- Contribution of Kosovo media and civil society in decision‐making and policy‐drafting processes that will reflect and implement social and political rights of Diaspora.
KCSF will be organising regular information sessions on the purpose and process of application and awarding procedure. More information on the timing of information sessions as well as on the guidelines for application and required application forms, please visit the website of DSP project.