Cultural Program Gaza & West Bank
To contribute to create more resilience to the adverse living conditions and to contribute to mitigate the consequences of the ongoing political and social crisis by offering space to handle every day’s reality, generating public life and promoting local narratives
Culture / development awareness
Culture & recreation
- The artistic environment is further diversified, and professionalized.
- Cultural activities including art education are also available for people living in remote and marginalised areas.
- Well-managed and functioning art organisations are sustainable.
- Cultural institutions professionalize their management and improve their artistic skills.
- Outreach of cultural institutions is increased.
- New artistic production is supported.
- Various segments of the society, gain access to cultural activities.
- Art education (music, performing and visual arts) are made more widely available at schools, community centres etc.
- Cultural events made accessible to marginalized audiences from different geographic and social backgrounds, thus creating a sense of social belonging, opportunities for reflection on individual or collective situations and recreational value;
- Contribution to a vivid & rich cultural life in Palestine
- Inclusive art education programme was developed to influence longer term art education policy, delivery and capacity within Palestinian public schools;
- Networking among cultural institutions strengthened.
- A.M Qattan Foundation; Khalil Sakakini Cultural Center; Yes Theatre
- Coordinate with other like-minded donors.
- Cooperation with Palestinian Ministry of Culture.
The protracted crisis situation leads to neglecting the importance of cultural development and production sustaining values like social cohesion, respect for diversity.
Weakness of official cultural policies also affects culture development, as they are barely inclusive or do not reach-out enough to the different segments of the Palestinian society.
Yet, due to the dedication of a number of highly committed individuals and organizations Palestinians were able to preserve, develop and to protect important components of Palestinian culture and identity.
The overall goal from the cultural fund is to contribute to maintaining and enriching the Palestinian cultural heritage and identity and to mitigate the consequences of the ongoing political and social crises.
Palestinian cultural organisations, Palestinian artists, general public.
Results from previous phases:
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
International or foreign NGO
|Coordination with other projects and actors||
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 670'000 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 642'012|
Phase 9 01.10.2010 - 31.12.2015 (Completed)