Regional Art and Culture Programme in Central Asia
The programme builds on a vision that the strengthened and pluralistic cultural sector contributes to developing and empowering the civil society. The programme aims to protect and to enlarge a social space where democratic values can be expressed and intercultural dialogue happen. lt has the potential to allow marginalised voices to be heard and new or unpopular ideas to be shared.
Culture / development awareness
Conflict & fragility
Conflict prevention and transformation
Culture & recreation
- Arts and culture institutions and individual artists
- Audience of arts and culture institutions and general public
- Arts and culture institutions and individuals are doing more, better and richer work thanks to the Programme's support
- People living in peripheral communities with restricted access to a cultural/artistic offer had benefited strongly from work that had reached beyond capitals
- There is a deepening commitment to cooperate across divides, honour cultural diversity and showcase shared values
- Foreign private sector North
- Swiss Private Sector
The cultural life in Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan evolved from the initial attempts to build national identities to the nowadays demands towards global trends and modern directions. New independent a/c institutions emerged. This resulted in a growing circulation of ideas and partnerships. Artists in Central Asia are considered as intellectuals and thinkers and their voices are respected and appreciated. The lack of financial support and the limitation of free expressions by the centralised governments make their work full of challenges and frustration, but their voices become more strong and provocative.
Encouraging diverse artistic and cultural creation in Central Asia that positively contributes to a peaceful, inclusive and democratic transformation process.
Results from previous phase:
Swiss cooperation with Eastern Europe
International or foreign NGO
|Budget||Current Phase Swiss Budget CHF 2'393'500 Swiss Disbursement Till Know CHF 2'238'714|
Phase 4 01.01.2016 - 31.03.2020 (Completed)Phase 3 01.03.2012 - 30.06.2016 (Completed)