OCHA - Support to the Yemen Humanitarian Pooled Fund (HPF)
The Humanitarian Pooled Fund (HPF) aims to promote a coordinated response towards the highest humanitarian priorities identified in the 2017 Revised Yemen Humanitarian Response Plan (YHRP) through the provision of funding for international and national NGOs and UN entities and with the involvement of sectorial coordination groups (clusters).
Trasferimenti forzati (rifugiati, sfollati interni, tratta di esseri umani)
- Provide life-saving assistance to the most vulnerable people in Yemen through an effective, targeted response;
- Ensure that all assistance promotes the protection, safety and dignity of affected people, and is provided equitable to men, women, boys and girls;
- Support and preserve services and institutions essential to immediate humanitarian action and the promotion of livelihoods and resilience;
- Deliver a principled and coordinated humanitarian response that is accountable to and advocates effectively for the most vulnerable people in Yemen.
- Addressing the immediate causes of food insecurity and malnutrion by ensuring adequate access to Food, Nutrition, Health and WASH to the most vulnerable through an integrated approach
- Integrated Response for the most vulnerable IDP, Returnees families and host communitites by ensureing access to a minimum package wich include Shelter, NFI, CCCM, Food Security, WASH, health, nutrition and protection services.
- Scaling up food aid and emergency livelihoods assistance
- Treating and preventing malnutrition for children aged 0-59 months, pregnant and lactating women
- Supporting capacity of health facilities
- Providing WASH assistance in connection with health and nutrition interventions
- Providing shelter solutions and non-food items
- Protection: establish community-based protection networks, provide legal assistance
- Improving food security by supporting agricultural, livestock and fishery systems and assets
- Health referral systems
- Restore and maintain sustainable WASH facilities and providing emergency WASH assistance.
- Ufficio delle Nazioni Unite per il coordinamento degli affari umanitari
Yemen is considered one of the biggest humanitarian crises in the world within a single country (Level 3 Emergency declared by the Inter-Agency Standing Committee since July 2015). The escalation of the conflict since March 2015 resulted in wide scale displacement of communities and exponential increase in humanitarian needs among the Yemeni population. The humanitarian concerns are manifold and the access of humanitarian aid is largely hindered exacerbating the humanitarian crisis.
The Revised 2017 YHRP seeks USD 2.1 billion for almost 19 million people in need. The HPF channels resources to humanitarian partners to respond to humanitarian needs in Yemen and expand the delivery of humanitarian assistance in partnership with national and international NGOs and UN entities.
|Obiettivi||Timely, coordinated and principled assistance is provided to save lives, alleviate suffering and maintain human dignity.|
|Gruppi target||Yemenis in need of humanitarian assistance, notably internally displaced persons (IDPs), host communities, and returning IDPs, possibly refugees, asylum-seekers and migrants.|
|Effetti a medio termine||
Main objectives of the Yemen HPF in 2017:
Broad objectives for the first Standard Allocation in 2017:
Risultati principali attesi:
A strong focus will be given on the Cholera response.
Prevention of increased food insecurity and malnutrition levels by
Providing life-saving assistance to the most vulnerable by
Multi-purpose cash/voucher assistance for vulnerable IDPS.
Risultati fasi precedenti: As of December 2016, HPF has provided funding for 73 projects of national and international NGOs with USD 96.1 million. The HPF-funded projects reached 7’783’930 beneficiaries in 2016.
|Partner del progetto||
Organizzazione delle Nazioni Unite (ONU)
|Coordinamento con altri progetti e attori||Synergies exist with bilateral WASH and Protection contributions to INGOs benefitting from HPF funding.|
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 3'400'000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 3'400'000|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 9 15.06.2017 - 14.06.2018 (Completed)Fase 6 01.11.2015 - 31.10.2016 (Completed) Fase 5 01.01.2015 - 31.12.2015 (Completed) Fase 4 01.10.2014 - 30.06.2015 (Completed)