Shkollat për Shëndetin (SpS) - Schools for health
Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) account for the highest mortality in the country. The program aims to reduce the exposure to the major risk factors for NCDs through improvement of lifestyle practices in schoolchildren and communities. Municipalities will be supported to develop sustainable models for health promotion and healthy environments at school. Cooperation between Ministries of Health and Education will be strengthened to establish framework conditions conducive to health.
Nicht übertragbare Krankheiten
- Improvement of curricula on NCDs prevention, mental, health, sexual and reproductive health, hygiene with a particular focus on COVID 19 prevention, waste management and environmental health for all schools, including capacity building for children, parents and teachers.
- Strengthening of schools’ capacities on health promotion through trained teachers, directors, and parents’ councils.
- Usage of digital tools for health applications for children, parents, teachers and health personnel in schools.
- A comprehensive baseline assessment of all schools and a thorough stakeholder assessment analysing potential partners.
- A participatory process for selection of 120 (11% of total) schools for in – depth interventions.
- A complete risk assessment and elaboration of mitigation measures for all types of risks.
- Analysis of the context regarding gender inequalities and discrimination. Establishing of key indicators.
- Ausländischer Privatsektor Süden/Osten
- Save the Children Federation
- World Health Organization
Sektor nach Kategorisierung des Entwicklungshilfeekomitees der OECD GESUNDHEIT
Sub-Sektor nach Kategorisierung des Entwicklungshilfeekomitees der OECDGesundheitsaufklärung
Unterstützungsform Auftrag mit treuhänderischer Mittelverwaltung
Auftrag mit treuhänderischer Mittelverwaltung
Projekt- und Programmbeitrag
94% of all deaths in Albania are caused by NCDs. Most of them are preventable if a healthy lifestyle is practiced by the population within a supportive environment that make the healthier choice easier.
Children, parents, and teachers show a higher interest on COVID 19 and NCDs, as people with pre-existinghealth conditions are more vulnerable.
The health promotion system is weak with limited resources worsened by COVID 19 health crisis.
Cross-sectoral cooperation is poor. Some fragmented initiatives on healthy schools are suspended due to COVID 19.
|Ziele||A healthier Albanian population by reducing its exposure to major risk factors with a special focus on NCDs.|
All schoolchildren (320’000) 6 - 15 years, and their families will benefit from increased access to health education and health promotion interventions.
All teachers (25’000) and health promotion specialists at local level, will benefit from capacity development measures and establishment of innovative health promoting models.
Ministries of health and education and their affiliated institutions will be capacitated to advance school health agenda in an intersectoral approach.
1) Schoolchildren, their families and communities at large have the necessary skills and knowledge to prevent behavioural risk factors for NCDs
2) Teachers and school authorities promote healthy behaviours and engage in setting an enabling framework in schools
3) Central and local government promote health in an inter-sectoral approach based on evidence, new standards and guidelines.
Resultate von früheren Phasen:
Internationale oder ausländische NGO
Organisation der Vereinten Nationen (UNO)
Save the Children Switzerland
|Koordination mit anderen Projekten und Akteuren||A contribution to WHO may be added during the 1st phase on inter sectoral cooperation at central level. In addition, synergies will be sought with SDC projects like HAP, LNOB, Strong Municipalities and S4J|
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 5’675’000 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 3’190’742|
|Projektphasen||Phase 1 01.10.2019 - 28.02.2025 (Laufende Phase)|