Contribution to the UNESCO International Institute on Educational Planning (IIEP)
Sound educational planning and management allows national governments to help translate the right to education and principles defined in the Sustainable Development Goal 4 into policies and actionable plans and budget. IIEP assists countries translate the principles of inclusive, equitable quality education into credible policies and plans. It provides Ministries of Education technical expertise and capacity support and engages in applied research and knowledge sharing.
A nivel mundial
Política de educación
- Strategic Objective 1: Member States plan effectively for education sector development and evaluate system performance
- Strategic Objective 2: Applied knowledge on educational planning and management is made accessible to policy-makers and stakeholders
- Contributing to IIEP’s strategic and programmatic decision making
- Creating synergies between IIEP and SDC country offices
- Harnessing and promoting IIEP and SDC thematic expertise
- Promoting synergies between IIEP and other SDC-partners
- Reinforcing institutional dialogue for strengthened relations between IIEP and GPE and for enhanced outcome-based monitoring
- Flexible and responsive training offer that meets the needs of Member States is provided
- Educational planning and management training providers through institutional cooperation is strengthened
- Context-specific policy, planning and management advice to Member States is offered
- Capacity development programmes are ensured and contribute to sustainable national capacities
- State-of-the art applied research is produced
- Methodologies, norms and tools are developed
- Communities of practice are supported with resources and opportunities
- Constructive synergies with partners and stakeholders are developed
- IIEP trained over 5,000 people through its core training offers, 7,000 through technical cooperation
- IIEP expanded its technical cooperation portfolio (TC) serving on average 35 countries per year, including on the job coaching to 1,200 Ministry staff
- IIEP completed research projects on education financing, school grants, teacher motivation and careers, open school data, internal quality assurance in higher education, and the implications of demographic change for education policy and planning. This resulted in 120 publications.
- IIEP convened 16 high-level events to foster dialogue on educational planning issues between policy makers and planners.
- IIEP implemented and strengthened partnerships such as with the Global Partnership for Education on education sector planning, the World Bank on education statistics and open budget datasets and UNICEF on national training support.
- IIEP played a major role in crisis-sensitive planning: “The Institute’s work is considered by stakeholders working in [Education in Emergencies] as a strong comparative advantage for the Organization” (evaluation by UNESCO Internal Oversight Services)
- Commission suisse pour l’UNESCO
|Contexto||Under the Millennium Development Goals progress in education was achieved. However, achievements were not equitable. Gaps remain in access, equity and quality of education. SDG 4 looks at the education system as a whole, covering all levels of education, as well as formal and alternative delivery mechanisms. This implies a need for sector-wide policies and plans. A sound educational planning and management is more important than ever. More than a simple technical process, educational planning is of necessity to allow the transition from the ambition of inclusive and equitable quality education for all into reality.|
To ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
To strengthen the capacity of UNESCO Member States to plan and manage their education system.
|Grupos destinarios||Ministries of Education in UNESCO Member States, Academia, Technical Education Experts, Civil Society Organizations.|
|Efectos a medio plazo||
Outcomes (objectives) of the phase
Resultados de las fases anteriores:
|Dirección / Officina Federal responsable||
Cooperación al desarrollo
|Contrapartes del proyecto||
Contraparte del contrato
Organización de las Naciones Unidas (ONU)
Voluntary contributions from: Argentina, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland
|Coordinación con otros proyectos y actores||UNESCO, UNICEF, UNDP, Global Partnership for Education, Southern & Eastern Africa Consortium for Monitoring Educational Quality, Network on Education Quality Monitoring in the Asia-Pacific, Programme d’analyse des systèmes éducatifs CONFEMEN, Asian Network of Training and Research Institutions in Educational Planning, NORRAG, Interagency Network for Education in Emergencies.|
|Presupuesto||Fase en curso Presupuesto suizo CHF 15'000'000 Presupuesto actual suizo ya emitido CHF 11'000'000|
|Fases del proyecto||Fase 12 01.05.2018 - 31.12.2021 (Fase en curso) Fase 11 01.06.2014 - 31.12.2017 (Completed)|