INEE - soft earmarked contribution to Interagency Network for Education in Emergencies
Emergencies and protracted crises are a major barrier for the education of children and youth and a key factor for stalling progress to attain the education-SDG 4 of the Agenda 2030. The Interagency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) is the global lead in policy dialogue and practice for the right to education during crises. It is a multi-stakeholder body composed of UN-agencies, Donors, NGOs, Ministries of Education, Academia and represents 130 member-organizations in 190 countries. Through its engagement with INEE, Switzerland contributes to shape dialogue, capacity, knowledge for education in crises and for crisis-resilient education systems.
A nivel mundial
Política de educación
- Strategic Objective 1: Thought leadership and global advocacy for education in emergency and protracted crises situations is provided
- Strategic Objective 2: Capacity is strengthened to deliver quality, safe, rleevant, and equitable education for all during emergencies and crises
- Stratetic Objective 3: Policy and practice on education in crises is informed through knowledge provision
- Strategic Objective 4: INEE membership is strengthened and diversified
- Objective 1: Increased INEE participation and representation in global policy and advocacy forums both globally and in Europe.
- Objective 2: Consistent opportunities for professional development are provided to INEE members
- Objective 3: Improved accessibility, production, and use of data and evidence in Education in Emergencies (EiE) as well as dissemination of resources
- Objective 4: Increased participation of members from diverse contexts in INEE network spaces and learning forums and particularly from the French and Arab speaking regions
- International Rescue Committee
|Contexto||Despite the many gains made in education over the past two decades children and youth exposed to conflict and disaster belong to the most disadvantaged. Emergencies, protracted crises and displacement are among the key factors for stalling progress towards SDG 4. 264 million children remain out of school worldwide. 100 million children are affected by crises every year, 50% of the 65 million forcibly displaced people are children whose education is often disrupted. Lacking education-opportunities during crises have a long-term negative impact both on individuals and societies, cause protection concerns and stall socio-economic prospects. Assistance and funding for education in emergencies and crises remain consistently low compared to other sectors. It is within this context that the Interagency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) as the global lead in policy and practice contributes to ensure the right to education for crises-affected children and youth.|
|Objetivos||To ensure the right to a quality, safe, and relevant education for all who live in emergency and crisis contexts through prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery.|
Direct beneficiaries are INEE’s 130 member-organizations, 15’000 individual members from more than 190 countries representing UN, (I)NGOs, donors, governments, academic institutions, experts.
Indirect beneficiaries: estimated 45,000 persons directly engaged in education in crises response.
Eventually the ultimate aim is to enhance capacity and quality of education in crises interventions meeting the needs of thousands of approx. 65 million crisis-affected children, youth, teachers, educational authorities.
|Efectos a medio plazo||
Resultados de las fases anteriores:
This is Phase 1 of the SDC-INEE partnership. As part of the opening phase and credit INEE conducted a stakeholder analysis in view of the set-up of a strategic partnership between INEE and SDC. Results
Baseline for Phase 1 is the INEE Strategic Framework and in the corresponding Results Framework the outcomes and activities which SDC supports through its earmarked contribution.
|Dirección / Officina Federal responsable||
Cooperación al desarrollo
|Contrapartes del proyecto||
Contraparte del contrato
ONG internacional o extranjera
USAID, AFD, NORAD, Education Cannot Wait, Dubai Cares, Unicef
|Coordinación con otros proyectos y actores||Réseau Suisse Coopération Internationale (RECI), Network for international policies and cooperation in education and training(NORRAG), ICRC, Unesco/IIEP, GPE, Unicef, Unrwa, Unhcr, Global Education Cluster, Norway.|
|Presupuesto||Fase en curso Presupuesto suizo CHF 1'885'000 Presupuesto actual suizo ya emitido CHF 1'329'148|
|Fases del proyecto||Fase 99 01.06.2018 - 31.12.2028 (Fase en curso) Fase 1 01.02.2018 - 31.12.2021 (Fase en curso)|