Strengthening of UNHCR Community-Based Protection Project
In line with the Good Humanitarian Donorship (GHD) principles, Switzerland recognizes the necessity of predictable and flexible funding to respond to changing needs in humanitarian crises. SDC funding allows UNHCR to improve its protection approaches and activities towards persons of concern, including internally displaced persons through the development of adequate processes and mechanisms guaranteeing quality standards in UNHCR programmes.
A nivel mundial
Asistencia humanitaria y RRC
Protección, acceso y seguridad
Desplazamiento forzado (refugiados, PDI, trata humana)
- UNHCR staff have enhanced capacity to operationalize community-based protection (CBP).
- Community-based protection is further institutionalized within UNHCR.
- Sharing of learning within UNHCR and with other humanitarian actors globally through an online "community of practice" launched in early 2016.
- Guidance and capacity-building material developed through series of practical guidance briefs on key CBP approaches, models and methodologies.
- Technical support provided to country operations through field missions and from HQ.
- Synergies created with other units/divisions and partner organizations: the launch of the community of practice, the production of guidance briefs and the current development of the CBP Learning Programme have all led to strengthened linkages with other units within UNHCR.
- Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees
|Contexto||UNHCR has a global mandate to lead and coordinate international efforts to protect refugees and resolve refugee problems worldwide. Its primary purpose is to safeguard their rights and well-being as laid down in the 1951 Refugee Convention and in the 1967 Protocol, which describe the rights of refugees, asylum seekers and stateless persons as well as the obligations of states.|
|Objetivos||Providing the necessary capacity to develop and put in place strong policies and quality monitoring as well as evaluation systems for the protection of communities of concern to UNHCR’s mandate and role and responsibilities in IDPs context.|
|Grupos destinarios||Refugees and internally displaced persons of concern to UNHCR as well as host communities as relevant.|
|Efectos a medio plazo||Through its support, Switzerland contributes to the implementation of its 2011 Age, Gender and Diversity policy.|
Resultados de las fases anteriores:
|Dirección / Officina Federal responsable||
|Contrapartes del proyecto||
Contraparte del contrato
Organización de las Naciones Unidas (ONU)
|Presupuesto||Fase en curso Presupuesto suizo CHF 200'000 Presupuesto actual suizo ya emitido CHF 200'000 Total del proyecto desde la primera fase Presupuesto suizo CHF 400'000 Presupuesto inclusive contrapartes del proyecto CHF 600'000|