Albania: Leave No One Behind
320'000 marginalised and vulnerable population of Albania, primarily Roma and people with disabilities, will benefit from improved social services. Currently, the needs of these people are not met by the social protection system. The project supports the implementation at municipal level of the national policy framework developed with Swiss support. So, the entire population will benefit from equal and dignified access to services and resources.
Politica del settore pubblico
Diritti dell'uomo (diritti delle donne inclusi)
- Albania has made important steps towards establishing a democratic state, maintaining a stable economic growth, and achieving human development. However, in recent years it faced jobless growth and the people living in poverty increased from 12 to 14% of the population, reaching 18% among women. Groups at higher risk of poverty and exclusion are the Roma and the disabled.
- With Swiss support the policy foundation of the new social inclusion System aligned with international standards is in place and Albania is committed to invest on people in view of European integration processes. This creates a conducive momentum for Swiss support.
- SDC, UN, WB, EU Delegation, Austria are the most important international partners for the social sector. Their efforts are coordinated and aligned with the government, in the context of the Integrated Planning and Management Groups, where Switzerland participates.
- The vulnerable population requests and receives adequate social services from local authorities that support their social inclusion
- Municipalities effectively manage the provision of social services and promote social inclusion
- National institutions implement their policy framework for ensuring social inclusion and adequately fund social services through improved data collection system, developed capacities and empowered target groups
- Empowerment of target groups, especially Roma and disabled, for their capacity to request social inclusion and access social services.
- Models of inclusive services implemented at local level, coupled with improved interface between municipal services improve the social situation and the livelihoods for at least 320000 vulnerable.
- Establishment of funding mechanisms for the development and scaling-up of innovative social services, as well as monitoring mechanisms for policy framework‘s implementation, incl. the participation of target groups in the monitoring facilitated.
- In 4 targeted municipalities (Berat, Elbasan, Korçë and Tirana) 30% of Roma children are integrated in the education System and the economic standing of families is improved.
- The architecture of a so far non-existing social care system that should be responsive to the needs of the most vulnerable has been built up.
- Evidence based policy foundations for a new inclusion system in line with international best practice has been shaped.
- Credible pilot actions on Roma and disabilities ready for replication have been implemented.
- Programma di sviluppo delle Nazioni Unite
Vulnerable persons and groups are empowered to have equal access to public services and opportunities and to have a voice in public decision-making affecting their lives and hold them accountable.
The project‘s target groups will be all the marginalised and vulnerable populations at national and municipal level, with a focus on Roma and persons with disabilities; 61 municipalities; NGOs and other local government institutions. In total approx. 320'000 persons will indirectly and directly benefit from improved social inclusion and services.
|Effetti a medio termine||
Risultati principali attesi:
Risultati fasi precedenti:
Cooperazione con l'Europa dell'Est
|Partner del progetto||
Organizzazione delle Nazioni Unite (ONU)
Ministry of Social Welfare and Youth, Ministry of Urban Development, 61 municipalities, NGOs
|Coordinamento con altri progetti e attori||
The government‘s Integrated Policy Management Group, chaired by the Ministry of Social Welfare and Youth will serve to coordinate the initiatives of various donors. A dose coordination with the upcoming Swiss municipal support project will be ensured.
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 8’000’000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 8’000’000 Progetto totale dalla prima fase Budget inclusi partner del progetto CHF 16’000’000|
|Fasi del progetto||
(Fase in corso)
(Fase in corso)
Fase 1 01.06.2017 - 31.07.2021 (Completed)