Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Enhanced protection of the democratic society against terrorism and extremism
Extremism, radical violence and terrorism have become a fast developing international phenomenon affecting also the Czech Republic. The goal of the project is the effective fight against terrorism and extremism in the Czech Republic by enhancing the capacities of the counter terrorism unit of the Czech Republic.
Öffentliche Sicherheit erhöhen
Kampf gegen Korruption und organisierte Kriminalität
- Police of the Czech Republic (organized crime division)
- Substancial contribution in increasing successful interventions against terrorism and extremism in the Czech Republic (by 28% between 2011 and 2015).
- Increased capacity of specialised police units in countering terrorism and extremism (170 members trained at the occasion of course and international visits in CH, UK, Austria and Germany).
- Counter-terrorism methododology (guidelines) has been reviewed based on the best practice of international partners and provides the basis for continous training.
- Up-to-date IT and further investigation equipment are supporting on a daily basis the performance and operations of the ciminal intelligence specialists.
- Development of the network with foreign experts and partner institutions (among them fedpol)
- National State Institute North
Extremism, radical violence and terrorism have become a fast developing international phenomenon affecting also the Czech Republic. The organized crime groups are well resourced and organized, have strong international ties and are highly flexible. So far, the Czech republic has remained a transit country or a logistical base. Although there is no immediate danger of a terrorist attack, the threat remains constant and real.
The goal of the project is the effective fight against terrorism and extremism in the Czech Republic.
The first part of the project focuses on the development of human resources and on the training for the use of the technical means procured in this project. Training programmes, international exchange of experiences and review of the counter-terrorism methods and guidelines are foreseen. In the second part of the project, the information and communication technology (hardware and software) as well as analytical and technical tools will be purchased. The staff will be trained in using these new technical tools.
Schweizer Beitrag an die erweiterte EU
Ausländische staatliche Institution
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 952'000 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 853'441|
Phase 1 01.06.2012 - 31.03.2017 (Completed)