Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Promotion of social dialogue and better working conditions for employees
The project aims at improving social dialogue and working conditions for workers by encouraging and supporting partnerships
between social partners as well as strengthening the environment for socially responsible behaviour of business organizations. The project is part of the partnership thematic fund in Bulgaria. Further information about this fund can be found among the additional information on the very bottom of this page.
- Establishment of a Specialized Internet Portal (SIP); Creation of environment supporting the implementation of CSR and strengthening the transparency of socially responsible practices using Swiss expertise
- Development and implementation in the National Institute for Conciliation and Arbitration of an information system for registration and analysis of collective labour disputes
- Strengthening the capacity of social partners to exploit the opportunities of paritarian funds in Occupational safety and Health at Work (OSH)
- A full set of proposals for amendments to the current legislation in Bulgaria addressing Dispute settlement were elaborated
- Good relations and cooperation between the main stakeholders – the state (NICA), the nationally represented trade unions and employers’ organizations were established and maintained during the whole course of implementation with good perspectives for the future
- Partnership between NICA, SECO and ILO was relaunched and a fruitful exchange visit to Switzerland conduced in October 2017. This visit enabled exchange of practices in among other things rights to strike and mediation of labour conflicts.
Government and social partners, employers and trade unions
Schweizer Beitrag an die erweiterte EU
Intermediate Body: Consortium InnovaBridge in Caslano, Neosys Ltd in Berne and BILSP in Sofia; Executing Agency: Ministry of Social and Labour (MLSP), NICA (National Institute of Conciliation and
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 430’000 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 0 Budget inklusive Projektpartner CHF 706’000|
Phase 2 01.08.2012 - 31.12.2017 (Completed)