Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Water Supply Rehabilitation Balassagyarmat
Switzerland is contributing CHF 4.12 million to a project in Balassagyarmat to reduce maintenance costs and ensure the reliability of water supply. Water mains and household connections with the largest number of pipe bursts will be replaced. The investments will also have a positive impact on water quality.
- Expected results: To make the water supply more reliable and improve the water quality
- Expected results:To reduce maintenance costs
- Balassagyarmat has a reliable and safe water supply system with water of good quality, far less network breakdowns, much reduced water losses and lower maintenance cost. The project also contributed to a sustainable water management in the region.
- Thanks to the project, the most critical elements of the water supply network in the city and its surroundings serving 24'000 inhabitants have been rehabilitated, mainly through the replacement of old asbestos pipes. It includes 11 km of transportation mains in the outer city and 9 km of mains in the inner city.
- Hungarian National Development Agency
The municipality of Balassagyarmat in partnership with Nyugat-Nógrád Vísmű Ltd., a publicly owned company that operates the drinking water supply, strives to rehabilitate the most critical elements of its water supply infrastructure. The transportation mains, city mains and household connections suffer rom early aging due to poor quality of the ipes, un-thorough xecution of the mounting works and insufficient bedding of the pipes. Furthermore the deterioration is accelerated by the aggressive geological conditions.
Hungarian registration number: SH 3/30
The municipality of Balassagyarmat, Nyugat Nógrád Vísmű Ltd., the 20'000 inhabitants as well as the 200 institutional clients (hospital, schools, businesses, etc.)
The project’s main activities are to ensure the reliability and affordability of the water supply. It plans to achieve the first objective by replacing the transportation mains and the sections of the city’s primary network with the highest breakdown frequency and the latter by reducing the number of interventions related to pipe bursts and by reducing the losses.
The project has been fully implemented. Thanks to the appreciation of the Swiss Franc more activities than originally planned could be implemented, including the rehabilitation of additional inadequate network sections. Consequenty, the expected results have been exceeded. As a result,
Schweizer Beitrag an die erweiterte EU
VÁTI Ltd, Municipality of Balassagyarmat and the Nyugat-Nógrád Vízmű Ltd.
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 4’119’950 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 4’061’873|
Phase 3 10.11.2010 - 30.11.2016 (Completed)Phase 2 10.11.2010 - 31.05.2017 (Completed) Phase 1 10.11.2010 - 30.04.2017 (Completed)