Working abroad

In almost every country in the world, foreign nationals who want to live and work there have to obtain a work permit. As a rule, a work permit will only be issued if an employment contract has been concluded and the employer can demonstrate that it has not been possible to fill the vacancy via the domestic labour market. However, for Swiss citizens this does not apply within the EU thanks to the conclusion of the bilateral agreements.

On the following pages you will find comprehensive information that is intended to help you look for and take up gainful employment abroad.

Job search

How to procede and submit an application for a successful job search

Employment contracts

Important advice concerning employment contracts abroad.

Diplomas, certificates, references

Preconditions and procedures to have diplomas and degrees recognised

Mobility in Europe

Free movement of persons and cross-border mobility in Europe