The Embassy of Switzerland in Bangladesh invites qualified candidates to submit applications for the position of
National Programme Officer (NPO)
Under the framework of the Swiss Cooperation Programme in Bangladesh and as a staff of the International Cooperation team, the NPO will develop and steer a portfolio of programmes and projects in the field of governance, democratisation and decentralisation, as well as advise the Embassy staff and management, at political and programmatic level, in issues related to climate change and environment.
Starting date: as soon as possible or upon mutual agreement
- Proactively support the implementation of the Swiss Cooperation Programme for Bangladesh
- Steer, manage (PCM) and develop a portfolio of projects/programmes in assigned domains of cooperation, including the identification and design of interventions, the monitoring of results, the reporting and the financial management
- For Swiss-funded development interventions with assigned responsibility, support, monitor, steer and supervise project implementation; assure the application of agreed quality standards and deliverables; and contribute to policy dialogue
- Monitor and analyse, as well as network with relevant stakeholders in assigned domains of cooperation
- Manage knowledge at policy and programmatic level in assigned domains of cooperation
Interested candidates must
- Have a post-graduate degree from a reputed Bangladeshi or foreign academic institution, preferably in social sciences or related field
- Demonstrate competences with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience in the fields of governance, democratisation and decentralisation, as well as climate change and environment
- Have a successful track record in designing projects/programmes, in the frame of a tender process or with an implementing partner
- Bring practical experience in operational and financial programme management with a bilateral development partner (donor agency), including in results monitoring and reporting
- Bring practical experience in gender mainstreaming, conflict sensitive programme management and protection from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of policy landscape, main institutions and stakeholders involved in governance, democratisation, decentralisation, as well as climate change adaptations and mitigations in Banglades
- Have a sound understanding of political issues in Bangladesh and of the Bangladeshi government’s administration and processes, with a relevant active network
- Be able to think strategically and politically, with solid analytical and conceptual skills
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, with an excellent command of written and spoken English and Bengali, and the ability to draft structured and concise texts in English
- Ability to work autonomously as well as effectively in a diverse team
- Readiness to travel to rural regions of Bangladesh regularly.
Fluency in a Swiss national language (German, French, and Italian) is an asset.
The Embassy of Switzerland offers a competitive package of salary and benefits in a diverse and dynamic working environment.
Candidates who fulfil these requirements are invited to download and complete the FDFA Job Application Form and send it, along with a letter of motivation, to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
The closure date for applications is 18.09.2021. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an assessment.
The Embassy of Switzerland is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or any other identity or status features.