As the official representation of Switzerland, the embassy covers all matters concerning diplomatic relations between the two countries. It represents Swiss interests in the areas of political, economic and financial affairs, legal arrangements, science, education and culture.
Embassy of Switzerland in Bangladesh
Important COVID-19 Information
- In view of the current surge in COVID-19 cases, the Government of Bangladesh has pronounced a lockdown starting on 14th April, 2021 throughout 20th April, 2021.
- During this period all international passenger flights to and from Bangladesh will be suspended..
- Please consult the latest information provided by the relevant authorities (www.shahjalalairport.com)
- No visa applications will be accepted whilst lockdown is in place and international flights are suspended.
- The Chancery of the Embassy of Switzerland in Dhaka remains open for Swiss citizens upon appointment. For scheduling an appointment, call +880 255 051 601 (from 8.00AM - 4.00PM, Sunday - Thursday) or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
If you are a Bangladeshi passport holder (not living abroad) and wish to travel to Switzerland you will need an entry visa. All the information regarding visa procedure, requirements and visa application forms you will find here.