As the official representation of Switzerland, the embassy covers all matters concerning diplomatic relations between the two countries. It represents Swiss interests in the areas of political, economic and financial affairs, legal arrangements, science, education and culture.
Embassy of Switzerland in Bangladesh
President of the Swiss Confederation Guy Parmelin: National Day 2021 greetings for the Swiss abroad
Important COVID-19 Information
- The Federal Council decided to lift the entry restrictions for persons from third countries who are vaccinated. For additional information please consult the visa page.
- To see what rules apply to your own particular situation when entering Switzerland, consult the online Travelcheck.
- The Embassy of Switzerland communicates that third country nationals with a valid residence permit or a valid national visa D of one of the Schengen countries can enter Switzerland. For entry to Switzerland, Schengen Visa C holders need a vaccination certificate.
- In view of the current surge in COVID-19 cases, the Government of Bangladesh has prolonged the lockdown proclaimed on 14th April, 2021 until 30th June 2021, followed by a strict lockdown starting on 1st of July 2021.
- International passenger flights to and from Bangladesh have, with a few exceptions, resumed.
- Bangladesh operates a number of quarantine regimes depending on where passengers are travelling from. For detailed information, please liaise with your travel agents and/or flight carriers prior to travelling.
- Information on international flights can be obtained from the airport website (www.shahjalalairport.com) or the respective flight carrier.
- Due to the current situation related to the Coronavirus outbreak and the lockdown in place, visa applications cannot be processed until further notice.
- The Chancery of the Embassy of Switzerland in Dhaka remains open for Swiss citizens upon appointment. For scheduling an appointment, call +880 255 051 601 (from 8.00AM - 4.00PM, Sunday - Thursday) or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upcoming changes and updates will be published on the Embassy webpage.
If you are a Bangladeshi passport holder (not living abroad) and wish to travel to Switzerland you will need an entry visa. All the information regarding visa procedure, requirements and visa application forms you will find here.