Moving to Switzerland

I am a Swiss Citizen and would like to return to Switzerland. What do I need to do?
Please find here information on entry and customs formalities, registration requirements, employment and social assistance.

I am a foreign national and would like to live and work in Switzerland. Where can I find information on how to proceed?
Information and useful links are listed online regarding work permits and longer residence, relocation, buying property or land, withholding tax, social insurance, family reunification and foreign nationals living but not working in Switzerland

What is the procedure to move my household effects to Switzerland?
You can find all the answers on the webpage of the Federal Customs Administration.

How can I travel to Switzerland with animals?
You will find information on this topic on the webpage of the Federal Customs Administration. Please be aware that the English version of this website does not contain all the information that is available in the French, German or Italian version.

The Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) has collected a number of frequently asked questions on the following topics on its own website: