Backstopping Mandate for Water
Water secure development cooperation requires continuous knowledge management and capacity strengthening through sound thematic expertise. The next phase of the Backstopping Mandate (BSM) for water will help to capitalize on SDC’s key learnings and successes, fuel capacity building, and foster mainstreaming and coherence. It will allow thematic water network (RésEAU) to be fit for purpose and to cope with new trends and challenges.
Politica del settore idrico
Conservazione delle risorse idriche
- Adequate and innovative knowledge management and lessons learned from the GPW and its network (RésEAU) are used for planning, to nourish the policy dialogue at various levels, and will deliver outstanding collaboration and partnership working.
- Strengthened and extended water-related capacities and competencies of the RésEAU members and key SDC members in order to exert influence and impact.
- Facilitating RésEAU and other Communities of Practice (CoPs), thematic working groups, sector networks, development platforms and learning events in line with the strategic networking framework of GPW;
- Regional and global thematic workshops,
- learning journeys and webinars are organized;
- RésEAU products and tools that expedite thematic learning and promote a continuous knowledge exchange among the network members, SDC staff and partners are available;
- Capitalization of sector and partner related experiences and knowledge;
- Capacity building and coaching of RésEAU members.
- Capitalisation, experience analysis and sector documentation (e.g. maintaining and improving shareweb, SDC Water Portfolio Analysis, review and commenting on various GPW reports)
- Knowledge sharing and networking (preparation, facilitation and documentation of GPW reviews; thematic and methodological support to the RésEAU; conceptualisation, organisation, facilitation and reporting of various events such as the Water team days; support services to the Swiss networks and partnerships, such as the Swiss Water Partnership).
- Provision of services on demand
- Support and analysis of project experiences
- Settore privato straniero Sud/Est
- Settore privato svizzero
|Contesto||Water-related issues play a key role in SDC’s drive to achieve its overall goal of poverty reduction and sustainable development. Since 1996, the BSM supports SDC’s and its partners’ interventions in the water sector. In this phase, the BSM’s focus is on strengthening the RésEAU and its partners through knowledge management and agile capacity building.|
|Obiettivi||The BSM contributes – through knowledge sharing, capacity strengthening and thematic expertise - to increased water secure development and ensuring availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.|
|Gruppi target||Water Network ‘RésEAU’ and its partners|
|Effetti a medio termine||
Risultati principali attesi:
Risultati fasi precedenti:
Cooperazione allo sviluppo
|Partner del progetto||
|Coordinamento con altri progetti e attori||Strong coordination & collaboration with AGUASAN CoP, AGUASAN workshop, RésEAU Trend Observatory and GPW’s Peer Review|
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 1'582'000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 562'233 Progetto totale dalla prima fase Budget Svizzera CHF 6'482'520|
|Fasi del progetto||Fase 9 01.06.2018 - 30.11.2021 (Fase in corso) Fase 8 01.02.2015 - 31.05.2018 (Completed) Fase 7 01.01.2012 - 31.12.2014 (Completed)|