Find all the basic information on the latest news and measures related to Covid-19 in Switzerland and Morocco below.
The conditions of entry and exit from Morocco are the sole responsibility of the Moroccan authorities. Please inform yourself officially about this (see below: Information about the situation in Morocco).
The Swiss Embassy in Morocco does not respond to emails about travel in relation to Covid-19.
- As of 17.02.2022, the Federal Council has decided to lift the sanitary measures at the borders when entering Switzerland. It is therefore no longer necessary to present a vaccination certificate, a certificate of recovery, a negative test or an entry form.
- Please check your situation before entering Switzerland with the help of the online Travelcheck.
- Please also consult the page "Coronavirus: entering Switzerland" and the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH)
Each airline decides on the conditions under which it will carry passengers. The Swiss authorities have no influence on this decision and cannot assume any responsibility if you are denied boarding. We strongly recommend that you check with your airline before travelling. Travelers are also advised to check very carefully the sanitary conditions of entry and transit if they are traveling via other countries.
- The Moroccan government has decided to extend the state of health emergency until 30.06.2022.
- The airspace for flights to and from Morocco is open again since 07.02.2022.
- The maritime connections have resumed in a progressive way. Travelers are asked to check directly with the shipping companies. They are also invited to check very precisely the sanitary conditions and modalities of entry and transit of the countries in question.
- Wearing a mask outside is mandatory, and any offender is liable to penalties of one to three months in prison and a fine;
- Night travel throughout the country is once again permitted;
- The vaccination pass is mandatory for access to administrations, tourist places and restaurants;
- For any trip to Morocco, it is the traveler's responsibility to check with the Moroccan authorities first to verify the conditions of entry and exit of the country. The Moroccan authorities are the only ones competent to determine the conditions of entry and exit to the country and to provide official information on this subject.
- The obligation to present a valid vaccination passport according to the requirements of the country of origin (residents in Morocco (Moroccan or foreign) must have a valid vaccination passport according to the national vaccination protocol) OR a negative PCR test not exceeding 72 hours;
- National Airports Office
- Ministry of Health
- Embassy of the Kingdom of Morocco in Switzerland
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and African Cooperation
- Ministry of Tourism, Handicrafts, Air Transport and Social Economy
- Moroccan consular services
Travelers will be required to comply with the following measures upon arrival:
Children under 12 years of age are exempt from all access requirements.
For more information, please consult the following websites:
We also recommend that you consult the sites of the FDFA and the FOPH, which contain a great deal of information and answers to your questions. If you have any unresolved questions, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, particularly with regard to consular matters. In case of emergency, the FDFA Helpline remains a resource to consider.
Detailed information can be found on the French page.