OCHA - Support to the Yemen Humanitarian Pooled Fund (HPF)
The Yemen Humanitarian Pooled Fund (YHPF) aims to promote a coordinated response towards the highest humanitarian priorities identified in the 2018 Yemen Humanitarian Response Plan (YHRP) through the provision of funding for international and national NGOs and UN entities and with the involvement of sectorial coordination groups (clusters).
Assistenza umanitaria & RRC
Aiuto alimentare d’emergenza
Protezione, accesso & sicurezza
- Support life-saving and life-sustaining activities while filling critical funding gaps;
- Promote needs-based assistance in accordance with humanitarian principles;
- Strengthen coordination and leadership primarily through the function of the HC and by leveraging the cluster system;
- Improve the relevance and coherence of humanitarian response by strategically funding priorities as identified under the YHRP;
- Expand the delivery of assistance in hard-to-reach areas by partnering with NGOs.
- Addressing the underlying and immediate causes of food insecurity and malnutrition by ensuring adequate access to Food, Nutrition, Health and WASH to the most vulnerable through an integrated approach;
- Integrated Response for the most vulnerable IDP, Returnee families and host communitites by ensuring access to a minimum package which include Shelter, NFI, CCCM, Food Security, WASH, Health, Nutrition and Protection services;
- Support YHPF partners in continuing the on-going Cholera response projects funded under the YHPF second Reserve allocation.
- Scale up emergency food aid and emergency livelihoods assistance;
- Treat and prevent malnutrition for children aged 0-59 months and pregnant and lactating women;
- Support capacity of health facilities and services;
- Providing WASH assistance in connection with health and nutrition interventions.
- Providing shelter solutions and non-food items;
- Establish community-based protection networks, provide legal assistance;
- Providing emergency WASH assistance;
- Multi-purpose cash/voucher assistance for vulnerable IDPS.
- Ufficio delle Nazioni Unite per il coordinamento degli affari umanitari
Yemen is considered one of the biggest humanitarian crises in the world within a single country (Level 3 Emergency declared by the Inter-Agency Standing Committee since July 2015). The escalation of the conflict since March 2015 resulted in wide scale displacement of communities and exponential increase in humanitarian needs among the Yemeni population. The humanitarian concerns are manifold and the access of humanitarian aid is largely hindered exacerbating the humanitarian crisis.
The 2018 YHRP seeks USD 2.96 billion for almost 13.1 million people in need. The YHPF channels resources to humanitarian partners to respond to humanitarian needs in Yemen and expand the delivery of humanitarian assistance in partnership with national and international NGOs and UN entities.
|Obiettivi||Timely, coordinated and principled assistance is provided to save lives, alleviate suffering and maintain human dignity.|
|Gruppi target||Yemenis in need of humanitarian assistance, notably internally displaced persons (IDPs), host communities, and returning IDPs, possibly refugees, asylum-seekers and migrants.|
|Effetti a medio termine||
Main objectives of the Yemen YHPF in 2018:
Objectives for the second Standard Allocation in 2017:
Risultati principali attesi:
Focus on addressing the humanitarian community’s alert on the risk of famine.
Addressing causes of food insecurity and malnutrition:
Integrated Response for the most vulnerable:
Risultati fasi precedenti: As of December 2017, YHPF has provided funding for 111 projects of national and international NGOs with USD 126 million. The YHPF-funded projects reached 6’200’759 beneficiaries in 2017.
|Partner del progetto||
Organizzazione delle Nazioni Unite (ONU)
|Coordinamento con altri progetti e attori||
Synergies exist with bilateral WASH and Protection contributions to INGOs benefitting from YHPF funding.
In addition SDC has an interest funding local NGOs, which we don’t do under the regular programme, as the follow-up is too time consuming in “Remote Management mode”.
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 3'500'000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 3'500'000|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 10 01.01.2018 - 30.06.2019 (Completed)Fase 9 15.06.2017 - 14.06.2018 (Completed) Fase 6 01.11.2015 - 31.10.2016 (Completed) Fase 5 01.01.2015 - 31.12.2015 (Completed) Fase 4 01.10.2014 - 30.06.2015 (Completed)