Junior Program Officer (2-year fixed term contract)
In collaboration with SDC project partners, the JPO positions will gain work experience with an international development cooperation organization. The successful candidates will be embedded in a multi-national environment, involved in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the SDC supported programs/projects: (1) Lao Upland Rural Advisory Service (LURAS) or (2) The Citizen Engagement for Good Governance, Accountability and Rule of Law (CEGGA).
Is this an interesting challenge for you? Do you have:
1. A degree or certificate in international relations, laws, social science, agriculture, environment, economics, education, public or business administration or related discipline;
2. Willingness and interest to work in International Development Cooperation;
3. Good self-management skills, flexibility and resilience to work under pressure;
4. Basic English language skills, both verbal and written;
5. A strong commitment to development; an interest in adapting to varied physical and professional environments; and a desire to work with people ith different language, national and cultural backgrounds;
6. Basic social skills and willingness to work in a team;
7. Internet proficiency as well as proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and
8. Experience in volunteering a strong asset.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and an application letter (not more than one page) explaining why we should consider you to be the ideal candidate for the position to:
Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
Vacancy: “Junior Program Officer (JPO)”
House 192 / 1 Sibounheuang Road
Chanthabouly District, Vientiane
P.O Box 5666
You can send a copy electronically to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 27 October 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. SDC does not return application files.