General Visa information regarding entry/travelling to Switzerland and entry requirements for transit air tavel
The Swiss Federal Council has decided, that entry at the Schengen external borders is generally restricted.
For that reason the Regional Consular Centre (RCC) in Pretoria is no longer accepting any Schengen Visa applications until further notice.
Please note that you are only permitted to enter Switzerland if you are (www.sem.admin.ch):
- a Swiss citizen;
- a person who holds a valid national passsport together with one of the following document:
- - a valid residence permit, i.e. a Swiss residence permit (L / B / C / Ci permits);
- - a valid FDFA legimitation card;
- - a valid national D visa issued by Switzerland; - a C Visa issued by Switzerland after 16 March 2020 in a valid exceptional case or in order to work on a short-term contract
- a person with rights of free movement; The entry into Switzerland or a country within the Schengen area
- a person who is travelling via Switzerland into another country that she/he is permitted to enter