Change of address abroad

Regular contact between yourself and the competent Swiss representation can be very useful for both parties. To ensure that you can be reached quickly if necessary it is important that your contact information (address, phone number, email) be kept up to date.

Reporting a change of address will also enable you to continue to receive documentation on your right to vote by correspondence on a regular basis (if you are in an electoral register), as well as the “Swiss Review” published by the Organisation of the Swiss Abroad (OSA). This magazine is distributed free of charge to Swiss citizens registered abroad. It provides information of an official nature as well as information of general interest to the Swiss Abroad (political, cultural, economic), enabling the reader to keep in touch with the homeland.

How and where to report a change of address abroad?

You should report your new address, telephone number or email address using the Online Desk.

If you previously lived outside Switzerland and are still registered with the Swiss representation responsible for the district of your previous residence abroad, all you have to do is to report your new address to the representation in question using the Online Desk. The latter will then transfer your electronic file to the Swiss representation responsible for your new place of residence, which will confirm that the transfer has been made.

Change of Address

The Embassy in Beijing, the Consulate General in Shanghai or the Consulate General in Guangzhou should be notified without delay of any change of address either by e-mail, fax, post card or letter.

The Embassy or the Consulate General will then be able to change your address for the mailing of:

  • Swiss Review
  • Voting material
  • Voluntary Old Age Insurance Scheme
  • Solidarity Fund

Documents deposited with a Swiss representation abroad

When moving elsewhere abroad the certificates of origin you have deposited will be transferred directly to the Swiss representation responsible for your new domicile as soon as the change of address has been reported.