Head of Science and Technology Office Tokyo, Embassy of Switzerland in Japan
Together with the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation, we are looking for a Head of the Science and Technology Office (STO) in Tokyo as of October 2019.
A part of the Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research, the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) is the federal agency specializing in national and international matters pertaining to Switzerland's vocational and higher education, research, innovation policy as well as space affairs. swissnex is the SERI’s global network connecting the dots in education, research, and innovation. Its mission is to support the outreach and active engagement of partners in the international exchange of knowledge, ideas and talent.
As Head of the STO at the Embassy of Switzerland located in Tokyo, and part of the swissnex Network, you will actively contribute to the implementation of Switzerland's international strategy in the areas of education, research and innovation in Japan.
Your duties will include promoting and strengthening bilateral cooperation projects in close collaboration with Swiss stakeholders, supporting delegation visits, reporting about Japanese education, science and innovation policy and managing an extensive network of relations with Japanese ministries, agencies, scientific institutions and start-ups.
You have a university degree and a very good command of the English language as well as of at least one national language of Switzerland. You have international experience and, possibly, knowledge of the education, research and innovation system in Japan as well as of the Japanese language. You are familiar with the science and technology system in Switzerland and its international dimension.
Thanks to your open, communicative nature, your goal-driven approach to the performance of tasks and your team spirit, you are able to enhance the value of Switzerland's presence in the host country. Ideally, you are a Swiss national with Japanese residence permit. However, candidates of other nationalities with Japanese residence permit or Japanese Nationals are also encouraged to submit their application.
- Local staff contract reflecting local market conditions, renewable after four years.
- Full-time employment in an international environment.
- 100% matching Japanese social security plan.
- 40 working hours per week, 20 days paid annual leave.
- Some additional Japanese and Swiss official holidays.
- Office location in Hiro-o, Minato-ku, Tokyo.
- Deadline for applications: 30th of August 2019
- Please submit the following documents: Letter of motivation and resume (CV) in English and Japanese; two references; other relevant documents (such as certificates).
- Send in electronic format (Word or pdf) to email@example.com. Kindly mention “Head of Science and Technology Office” in the subject line.
- Only complete applications will be considered.