Description of the internship
The internship provides an initial work experience and gives an insight into the world of diplomacy and the work of a strategically important mid-size Swiss Embassy. The intern will work closely with members of the Embassy on a variety of files mainly in the political, economic, scientific and cultural field. The assigned tasks range from researching, writing reports, representing the Embassy at meetings to organizing events. The position is remunerated.
Requirements for applicants
- Swiss nationality or permanent residence in Switzerland.
- University degree (preferable Master's degree). No more than 12 months between graduation and start of internship.
- Strong interest in International Affairs. Aptitude to write analyses and reports on various issues (i.e. Economic Affairs, Human Rights, reports to headquarters in Bern). Good Communication and Social Media skills (Embassy Instagram account).
- Language skills: excellent written and spoken command of a Swiss national language and English. Knowledge of Russian would be an asset.
- The total duration of internships with the Federal Administration, including this internship, must not exceed one year.
For more information, please refer to the website of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (see link below).
Applications must include
Motivation letter, CV, copy of university diploma and transcripts or latest report, letters of recommendation, employment certificates (if available).
Applications should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bernardo Rutschi, Consul & Deputy Head of Mission, +41 58 480 19 74