Agriculture Census 2020
Switzerland will support the realization of the Agriculture Census in 2020 through contributing to the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics (PCBS). Updated and accurate data on agriculture holdings is an enabling tool for public and private investment as well as to plan and monitor relevant developments in the agriculture sector, in accordance with the National Policy Agenda (2017-2022). This project will offer opportunities to engage Swiss expertise in the domain of statistics and agriculture.
Autoridad Nacional Palestina
Agricultura y seguridad alimentaria
- Provide data on the structure of agriculture, especially for small administrative and geographical units, rare items, and enable detailed cross-tabulations (SDC contribution)
- Provide data that can be used as a benchmark for and reconciliation of current agricultural statistics; and for setting estimates for subsequent years.
- Provide frames for agricultural sampling surveys.
- Census data captured according to FAO recommendations.
- Quality verification applied in all census data processing stages
- Complete frame for all administrative units, all holders, households and agricultural holdings including specialized and rare holdings
- Central State of South East
The agricultural sector has historically been an important driver in the Palestinian economy since it creates job opportunities. As of 2010, this sector was employing 11.5% of the Palestinian labor force, of which 33% were women. In 2011, the value of Palestinian agricultural production was $1,295 million (70% in the West Bank, and 30% in the Gaza Strip).
The current available data on the agricultural situation in the oPt is not up to date and doesn’t reflect the real situation on the ground.
PCBS is mandated to providing accurate, updated, neutral, comprehensive and high quality official statistics which should be used by the PA as a base for strategic planning and policy making.
 PCBS, Agriculture census 2010
|Objetivos||Establish an updated detailed and accurate holdings database that will assist in planning and policy making at all levels related to the agricultural sector.|
Ministry of Agriculture (MoA)
Indirect beneficiaries: Farmers’ Unions, Agricultural Cooperative Societies and Palestinian private sector investors.
Universities, research institutions and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs). Bilateral and multilateral development agencies
|Efectos a medio plazo||
Resultados de las fases anteriores: N/A
|Dirección / Officina Federal responsable||
Cooperación al desarrollo
|Contrapartes del proyecto||
Contraparte del contrato
Institución estatal extrangera
|Coordinación con otros proyectos y actores||Synergies/baselines for Swiss Cooperation Strategy for the oPt (2015-2019) serving directly Agro Economic Development domain, in particular FAO funded programs the SPS and Marker reform and the Oxfam Market development program.|
|Presupuesto||Fase en curso Presupuesto suizo CHF 968’000 Presupuesto actual suizo ya emitido CHF 660’486|
|Fases del proyecto||Fase 1 01.12.2018 - 31.12.2022 (Fase en curso)|