RésEAU cum Aguasan (formerly SDC Water Network RésEAU’)
Water security is a key prerequisite of sustainable development and for achieving the Agenda 2030. Herein SDC’s Water Network ‘RésEAU’ plays a key role in supporting efforts towards a water secure world by strengthening the required thematic expertise, helping to better capitalize key learnings and supporting transformational change in line with the new Bill 2021-2024. The next phase of the RésEAU will allow to be ‘fit for purpose’ and to better respond to future challenges and opportunities.
- Schweizerischer Privatsektor
|Hintergrund||Water related issues play a key role in SDC’s endeavour to achieve its overall goal of poverty reduction and sustainable development. For many years, Aguasan and the RésEAU have been supporting SDC and its partners through thematic expertise in interventions related to water. In the new phase, the RésEAU will provide a more consolidated and comprehensive support to SDC and its key partners to help implement the new Bill and to promote systemic and transformational change towards implementing the Agenda 2030.|
|Ziele||The RésEAU contributes – through knowledge capitalization, generation and sharing, through capacity strengthening and through thematic expertise - to an increased water secure and sustainable development supported by SDC. Furthermore, the RésEAU promotes systemic and transformational change benefitting the implementation of the Agenda 2030 with a particular emphasis on the SDG 6 to ensure the availability, accessibility and the sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.|
- Members of SDC’s Water Network ‘RésEAU’ i.e. close to 500 people including thematic staff of SDC and the Federal Administration
- SDC’s implementing and strategic partners ready to share thematic
The newly denominated ‘RésEAU cum Aguasan’ will continue to secure the successful services provided so far AND integrate two other connected action lines i.e. ‘Backstopping Mandate on Water (7F-03888.09) and Aguasan (7F-02074.08). This is a milestone to enhance synergies, reduce administrative burden and better comply with the new Management System of the Swiss Confederation.
The three key objectives are to:
1) secure thematic quality work of SDC and its implementing partners by nurturing e.g. the Aguasan Community of Practice (CoP) and providing top nudge thematic expertise;
2) promote innovative ways of capitalization, knowledge sharing, training and anticipative thinking (e.g. foresight analysis);
3) provide demand driven support to the regional networks (Sub-RésEAUs) to create ownership, promote self-initiative, and increase the impact of GPW’s/SDC’s water related interventions.
- Relevant Communities of Practice (CoPs),
- Global and regional thematic workshops
- Learning journeys, webinars and other capacity
- Regional networks (Sub-RésEAUs) are pro-active
Resultate von früheren Phasen:
- continuously evolved towards a dynamic community of
- promoted knowledge exchange and networking, helped
- supported the documentation, capitalization and
- introduced innovative communication approaches
|Koordination mit anderen Projekten und Akteuren||This new RésEAU phase will deliberately integrate two other separate but closely interlinked action lines i.e. the Backstopping Mandate on Water (BSM) and the AGUASAN CoP. This consolidation will allow increasing synergies, reducing administrative burden and complying with the new Management System of the Federal Administration by solely incorporating the ‘Transferkredit’ budget items|
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 3’500’000 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 178’225|
|Projektphasen||Phase 4 01.10.2020 - 30.09.2025 (Laufende Phase) Phase 3 01.01.2018 - 30.11.2021 (Laufende Phase) Phase 1 01.04.2011 - 31.03.2012 (Completed)|