Information on voluntary Swiss OASI/IV scheme, pension cover while living abroad, Swiss social security (OASI/IV) cover, health and accident insurance cover and hedging for means of existence with the Cooperative Society Solidarity Fund for Swiss Nationals Abroad “Soliswiss”:

Last update 16.02.2022

  • If you live in a country that is not a member of the European Union (EU) or the European Free Trade Association (EFTA), you can maintain your insurance cover in Switzerland by paying into the voluntary OASI/IV scheme, provided that you meet the membership requirements.

  • Adequate health and accident insurance cover guarantees universal access to medical care in the event of ill-health, maternity or an accident.

  • As a Swiss national living abroad, you can also become a member of the Cooperative Society Solidarity Fund for Swiss Nationals Abroad, or “Soliswiss”.


+41 800 24-7-365 / +41 58 465 33 33

365 days a year – around the clock 

The Helpline FDFA deals as central contact point with matters relating to consular services.

Fax +41 58 462 78 66

vCard Helpline FDFA (VCF, 5.6 kB)


Phone free of charge from abroad with Skype

You will receive an error message if the Skype application is not installed on your computer or smartphone. If such a message appears, please proceed to install it right off, simply by clicking on the following link:
Download Skype

Skype: helpline-eda

Start of page