Swiss citizens do not need a visa for a tourist stay of up to 30 days in Thailand. To enter Thailand, visitors must have a passport valid for at least six months beyond the date of entry, a return or onward travel ticket and proof that they have sufficient funds for their stay.
- Visitors who enter Thailand by land are issued a visa valid for a maximum of 15 days.
- Carry your passport: by law, foreign visitors must carry their passport with them at all times in Thailand.
- If you fail to comply with Thai entry regulations you are liable for heavy penalties. If you overstay your visa you may be deported and banned from visiting Thailand again. You are strongly advised to observe the purpose and duration of your stay as stated in your visa or entry form.
Swiss citizens who plan to stay in Thailand for more than 30 days require a visa to enter the country, which they can apply for at the Thai embassy in Switzerland.
Thailand has the following visa categories:
- Transit visa (TS; S; O and C)
- Tourist visa (TR and MT)
- Non-immigrant visa (F; B; IM; IB; ED; M; R; RS; EX and O) •
- Diplomatic visa / official visa
- Courtesy visa